Valentines Day Beauty 2017


Looking back at last year's Valentine's Day makeup post made me realise how much the products I use and my approach to beauty in general has changed in the past year and I think this makeup look really reflects that.

I try to keep a 'natural' base now and wear less foundation in general. Before my foundation always had to be high coverage because I felt like every inch of my flaws had to be covered. I think the change is mostly as I'm a lot more confident in myself as a person and less caring when it comes to what others think of me or the fact that I didn't bother to conceal that annoying spot on my chin. I've (finally) accepted that my skin won't ever look perfect too. I have under-eye bags, hormonal acne, smile lines and random broken capillaries and it's okay if the world sees that (occasionally).


I started by priming with Smashbox's new Radiance Primer which I've been using on and off since it launched in January. It highlights the skin and makes it look really dewy and you can also use it over makeup for an added glow. Next I applied a little of the EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which gives pretty light and natural-looking coverage. It doesn't really cover scarring or blemishes but I love that this evens out my skintone and gives a smooth finish without it being really obvious I'm wearing makeup. I swept a few shades from the new NARS unfiltered cheek palette over my lids and cheeks for a pop of colour and extra highlight. This palette is so amazingly pigmented I had to have a really light hand with this! I then filled in my brows, added a little mascara and a simple slick of gloss on my lips to finish as I didn't want to look too overdone.


Base 
Smashbox Radiance Primer*
EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation (7.0)

Highlight & Blush 
NARS Unfiltered I Cheek Palette (Watch Me & Me First)*

Lip 
3ina Lip Oil Balm (Rasberry)*

Eyes 
NARS Unfiltered I Cheek Palette (Me First, Out There & Chic)* 
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (Black)

Brows
Benefit Precisely My Brow Pen (05 Medium)

Powder 
NARS Pressed Powder (Eden) 



*samples - read my disclaimer here.

How will you be wearing your makeup for Valentine's Day? 

Lesley x