Sara Hill Makeup | Pink Opal Collection


I blogged about a few Sara Hill goodies I received back in May here and since the brand has been back in touch. I've dying to try the Pink Opal Collection released recently and kindly it was sent over for me to try a few weeks ago.


The Pink Opal Collection (£40)* is a set of four stunning highlighters containing Sara Hill's best-selling pigment Pink Opal alongside the shades Cosmos, Moon Dust and Rose Quartz. Pink Opal is the only pigment which can be purchased individually so the other 3 shades are currently exclusive to this collection. The Pink Opal Collection is described on the Sara Hill website as 'intergalactic loose pigment highlighters for your inner alien' and I couldn't agree more. All of the colours have a metallic feel to them and whilst I've built up quite a collection of highlighters this year, nothing I have is even remotely like these. It's like a glitter and a highlight had a beautiful (shiny) baby.

Each pigment is smooth and easy to work with and it's so finely milled you almost don't realise there's tiny specks of glitter running through them. A little really goes a long way with these too. The dull winter light has made capturing the true beauty of these pigments difficult but in person they swatch metallic, rather than chalky.

Swatches top to bottom: Cosmos, Moon Dust, Pink Opal and Rose Quartz 

Moon Dust has to be my favourite of the four. I'm always attracted to warm shades and this pigment has a distinct gold tone whilst Cosmos is silver. Pink Opal also looks like a white highlight but when swatched has a very strong, magenta tone to it. Rose Quartz is a deceptively baby pink powder but produces a silver tone with pink running through it when swatched. I've preferred to wear the pinker tones as eyeshadows or dabbed onto the inner corner of my eyes but they look beautiful dotted on the cheekbones, cupid's bow and brow bone too.

As they're quite metallic, to make them more wearable for daytime makeup looks I've been applying them after mixing with a little of Inglot's infamous Duraline. If you haven't tried Duraline yet, a dot of this product turns powders into a waterproof liquid and breathes life into dried out gel makeup. A little duraline makes the metallic nature of the pigments more visible and it allows it to melt into the skin a little more seamlessly.

Overall this is a beautiful collection and as I need to use so little these pigments will last me a long time. You can get the Pink Opal Collection from the Sara Hill website here.

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Which highlighters do you like?

Lesley x