Nudestix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencils


Nudestix pencils have been a regular feature of my makeup routine for the past 6 months. I've already posted about the eye pencils and some of the first shades I received from Look Fantastic here and here so I'll try not to repeat myself too much in this post. 



The brand's whole ethos is about easy-to-use, fun barely-there makeup which will give you a pop of colour without covering up your natural beauty. I'm definitely embracing more natural makeup looks lately and this brand just nails it with creating products for 'no makeup makeup'. Their pencils are created with skin-loving ingredients like Shea Butter, are fragrance free and are not tested on animals. Each pencil also comes in it's own tin with built in mirror and sharpener which doubles as a pencil cap.

I've mentioned a couple of the Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencils (£24 each)* before but I now have 11 of the 12 shades, some of which are newly released to the US only currently. The colours range from nude pinks to deep reds. Vintage, Icon, Retro and Pixi are the newest shades to the Intense Matte collection. These are dual-use products to add some colour to your pout and cheekbones. The pencil works as a liner too so you just draw around your lips and fill in.

(shades left to right) Icon, Vintage, Retro, Raven, Royal, Stiletto, Kiss, Belle, Entice, Purity and Pixi 

The pencils are all very pigmented and the texture is creamy but it dries matte. As with most matte lip colours these look much better applied to exfoliated lips but these are more moisturising than some other similar products I've tried. Initially I loved these more as just a lip product but I have been using them more recently as a blush too. There's something really pretty about having your lips and cheek match and it adds to that effortless beauty look. When I'm wearing these on the cheeks I tend to keep my base/foundation to a minimum as these work beautifully when buffed into bare skin. I've found the red tones work better as blushes for my skintone and I tend to reach for the shade Retro most.

(shades top to bottom) Stiletto, Royal, Raven, Retro, Icon, Vintage 


(shades left to right) Pixi, Purity, Entice, Belle and Kiss

The main drawback of these pencils is that they are a little pricey and with every sharpen you do lose a bit of product. I absolutely love these though and I will pick up a few of the shades I'm missing from the other collections. There's also dual-ended lip colours available in the US which I think give a bit more bang for your buck.

You can grab most of these from Cult Beauty here and the newest shades if you're in the US directly from the brand's website here. You can also use the code 'FRESHLENGTHS10' for 10% off orders on the brand's website.

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Nudestix?

Lesley x