New In | NYX & KIKO Makeup


I've been taking a pretty minimalist approach to shopping recently but with a KIKO gift voucher from friends to spend and NYX cosmetics available from more retail outlets in the UK, I couldn't not acquire a few new beauty items.


My favourites of the items here are the two NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams (£5.50 each) purchased from feelunique.com. I've heard good things about these and there's 21 different colours to choose from. Cannes and Prague appealed the most to me and are a good fit for my medium skintone. Cannes is a beautiful soft mauve and Prague is a bright berry shade. Both have a velvety finish which is matte but not too drying. I usually prefer to wear balm underneath matte products but I've found without balm the formula of these lip creams stays on better.

From KIKO I picked up a few more lip products - two Smart Lipsticks (£3.90 each) in Mauve (915) and Rosewood (913) and a Smart Lip Pencil (£2.50) in Rosewood (703). I realised afterwards that I bought shades which were similar to the NYX products. I have a really bad habit of accidentally purchasing several products in similar or the same colours! I love these too though as they're easy to wear and the silky smooth finish of the lipsticks are so pretty.


Also from KIKO I got the Mat Base Corrector Primer (£8.90), a gel-like cream which claims to absorb sebum. I've tried a lot of primers on my naturally oily skin and none have really had a truly long-lasting effect. I love this product so far as it instantly removes shine and preps it perfectly to make my foundation last longer than usual.

Lastly I got the KIKO Shade Fusion Trio Blush in Abricot (£10.90). This product contains 3 colours which you can use alone or you can blend them together. The compact is perfect for my handbag as it snaps shut (and stays shut) magnetically and it's fairly small.


Overall I'm pretty happy with all of the items here and they're already featuring in most of my makeup looks.

What beauty items have you been using lately?

Lesley x