Review | Big Hair Products


I received a few products from Big Hair a couple of months ago which I've been using on and off. Big Hair is a natural haircare company which has a range of products created with mostly natural ingredients and I was sent their Soft Clean SLS Free Shampoo (£9.95/200ml)*, DEEP Conditioning Hair Treatment (£14.95/200g)* and Leave In Moisturising Milk (£12.95/200ml)*.

I love using natural products where possible but I like convenience too so it's great when you find a company which makes using natural products easy. The products are on the pricey side and are fairly small in size but the quality of the ingredients justifies this a little.


The Soft Clean SLS Free Shampoo has the highest natural ingredient content of the products here and it's made with Sweet Orange Oil giving it a gorgeous citrus scent. It lathers pretty well and you can get away with just one application and rinse. It leaves my scalp and hair feeling so clean, I love it! The formula is supposed to be non-drying but my hair gets so parched I can't skip a pre shampoo treatment before using this.

I absolutely love the DEEP Conditioning Hair Treatment. It's made with Moroccan Rhassoul Clay which I've wanted to try for a long time and it leaves my hair so soft. The product is quite thick, but easy to spread through damp strands after shampooing. The tub is quite small, and though my hair isn't that thick or even that long currently, it's very dense which means I tend to use a lot of my deep conditioner each wash day. I've used this conditioner 3 times sparingly and I have just enough left for one more treatment. I wish the tub was bigger, but if your hair is shorter and you don't deep condition as often as me this is a great product to have on hand.

I've got the most use out of the Leave In Moisturising Milk which I've been using regularly since I received it. I'd say it's more like a cream than a milky product but it's still very light and gives the hair a good amount of hydration. The main ingredients are Aloe Vera, Murumuru butter and Shea butter, all great ingredients which have helped keep my hair soft. The Milk doesn't have much of a scent which is not really a problem, but I do tend to prefer products which have some sort of fragrance in them.

Overall Big Hair is a great brand with some well made products. I would definitely consider buying at least the deep conditioner which I'd rotate with a few other favourites I have already. I really want to try the Big Hair Moisture Me Whipped Butter next which LaaLaa from Dolce Vanity has reviewed on her blog here.

*Sample. See my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Big Hair products?

Lesley x