Review | Glowwbox March 2015


I've been feeling pretty rough the past week, so the March Glowwbox* which is all about pampering couldn't come at a better time.

I've posted a couple of times about Glowwbox already, but for anyone that's new to my blog, Glowwbox is a beauty subscription service for women of colour. It costs £15 per month + P&P and the company's aim is to make beauty shopping for women with darker skintones easier. As well as a subscription service they also have a beauty boutique and a free makeup guide about common makeup mistakes.


Inside my Glowwbox this month was 6 products, 2 were full size - Willow Organic Glowing Body Oil (full size £37/100ml), Lavera Mint Pore Refining Moisturising Fluid (full Size £10.90/30ml), Konjac Facial Puff Sponge (£7.99), S5 Vitality Mask (full size £42/75ml), Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Extreme (full size £15/125ml) and Nablus Soap (£5.90).


I thought I'd round up my favourite products here rather than talk about everything included. I love the Nablus Soap in Soft Honey and Konjac Sponge, which I've been using together. I've been using more natural products to cleanse my skin recently, especially my face, as this has definitely helped ease my monthly breakouts. The Konjac Sponge is made of natural vegetable fibres and you can use it alone or with a little product to really cleanse the skin. The original Konjac Sponge was included here but The Konjac Sponge Company have a few variations of their sponge, including one made with bamboo charcoal made specifically for spot prone and oily skin. The sponge can last from 2-3 months so when it needs replacing I'll probably pick up the charcoal version. I already have a cleanser I love (Dr Bronner's Magic Soap) so I reach for the Nablus Soap when I want to switch it up. All Nablus Soaps are made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil this version is also made with honey and Coconut Oil which leaves my skin hydrated after use.

Another product I love from this month's Glowwbox is the Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Extreme. I've always had good experiences with Philip Kingsley products but I've never tried this before. It's a leave-in conditioning spray which protects against heat damage. It's made with over-processed, porous and Afro-Caribbean hair-types in mind. My hair is braided up at the moment and I rarely use heat anyway so my wig, which I use heat on almost daily, is benefiting from having this product amongst my haircare arsenal.


As with all of the Glowwbox Editions I've had so far the products included are always high quality. The March Pure Pampering Edition definitely feels indulgent and it's been great to actually pamper myself recently. Weirdly, despite being a beauty blogger I rarely take much time out to apply a face mask or relax in the bath. So much emphasis tends to be put on my hair I can forget about the rest of my body! This month's Glowwbox has reminded me it's important to take time out to really pamper myself from head to toe.

The Pure Pampering Edition is available on the Glowwbox website until 3rd April 
*sample - All of the products in this box were provided courtesy of Glowwbox. See my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Glowwbox or another Beauty Box Subscription service? 
Lesley x