Review | Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick


I've been doing a little spring cleaning of late, both with my blog and in my home. Whilst clearing out my makeup I came across this old gem - Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick in Vamp (£4.99) which I reviewed way back in 2013 when I first starting writing beauty posts. I've deleted all of the older posts on this blog which I wasn't entirely happy with but the perfectionist in me wanted to rewrite this post as this lipstick was an old favourite. 


When I first bought this shade almost all of the lipsticks I owned were of the nude or pale pink variety so this was a shade I'd reach for when I was feeling more daring. I've been experimenting more in the past couple of years with brighter and bolder shades and subsequently I forgot what a beautiful dark lipstick this is.

The name 'Vamp' couldn't be more fitting. It's a rich burgundy in colour which draws attention to my lips without overpowering the rest of my makeup. The formula is matte so it can be a bit drying. I usually remedy this by wearing a good lip balm underneath and I avoid wearing this lipstick if my lips are chapped or dry. This lipstick requires a few touch-ups throughout the day but it's such a gorgeous colour I can forgive this.


Have you tried anything by Sleek MakeUp?

Lesley x