Review | Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream



I got a sample of this Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream when I purchased Benefit's Gimme Brow Volumizing Fibre Gel a few months ago. I haven't ever tried Benefit skincare products before so I was curious how this would fare against my usual drug-store and Clarins favourites.

The cream itself is really rich and buttery. It smells absolutely beautiful and the packaging is so cute (but probably not that practical). The full-size product usually retails at £28.50 for 48.2g of product and it's suited to dry or normal skin types. I'd say my skin type is more combination, mostly oily but with a few dry patches. As the product is really thick I've avoided putting it over the whole of my face so I don't aggravate the oiliness. Instead I've been using this moisturiser for the last couple of weeks just on the dry areas and it's really helped soften them up and keep them hydrated. My face feels much smoother overall and feels more even.

Benefit claims this product contains an 'exclusive tri-radiance complex to help develop the skin's reserves of water'. I agree that it kept my usually dry patches hydrated but I couldn't see anything particularly special in the ingredients unfortunately, apart from Mango Butter. In fact the ingredients aren't hugely different from some of the drug-store brands I have in my beauty stash so I'm not sure the high-end price is entirely justified.


The product has lasted pretty well considering the size, but I have been using it sparingly. I could see myself buying similar products from Benefit when this product runs out, but I wouldn't buy this exact product as it seems like a huge expense for something I'd only use on small areas of my face.

Have you tried anything from Benefit? 

Lesley x